Girl, 6, dies after being bitten by a SNAKE in the bathroom after it crawled into her family’s home
- 18:21, 2 Oct 2021
- Updated: 18:22, 2 Oct 2021
A SIX-year-old has died after being bitten by a snake in the bathroom of her family home in Saudi Arabia.
Little Tamara Abdul Rahman was rushed to the Asir Central Hospital in the city of Abha but could not be saved.
Even though her condition was stable at first, she was later moved to intensive care, where she has pronounced dead shortly afterwards.
The young girl’s grieving dad said she was so excited to return to the classroom following COVID-19 restrictions.
He said: "She was happy to return to in-person learning at school, but what to say. It is Allah’s wish.
"The snake was lurking in the bathroom in our house for my daughter, and given the girl’s age, she did not notice that it was in the toilet until she was bitten by it, amid the family’s astonishment as we never expected to see such animals in the toilet, especially as we live in Abha City.
"She was taken to hospital and was admitted and treated, but fate was not on her side.
"She died despite receiving medical care after going through difficult health conditions."
Most read in The Sun'WORST MISTAKE' Mum-of-3 'hooked on conspiracy theories' dies of Covid after refusing jabRON STROP Watch Cristiano Ronaldo storm down Man Utd tunnel and refuse to look at TownsendExclusive'PRISON WITHIN A PRISON' Inside max-security jail where Sarah's killer is on suicide watchMUM'S WARNING Girl, 15, dies of Covid on day she was due to get jab as mum issues warning'BUMP TWINS' Pregnant Emmerdale stars Amy Walsh and Anna Nightingale show off growing bumpsfixer upper DIY expert reveals wallpaper hack that will save you tons of time and effort
He added: "I believe in Allah and I am satisfied with everything He writes for us."
There are many snakes in desert and mountainous regions in Saudi Arabia, both venomous and non-venomous.
The country’s venomous snakes mostly belong to the viper family and include the carpet viper, the saw-scaled viper, the Persian horned viper, and horned vipers. Vipers can be identified by their diamond-shaped heads.
Last week a dad revealed how he was blinded and left in a coma after being bitten twice by a black king cobra.
Doctors told the father-of-two he was incredibly lucky to survive the double bite from the king cobra – which has enough venom in one bite to kill 20 men.
And last month a snake catcher who claimed to be immune to venom died after he was bitten by a black cobra.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The Sun news desk?